Sunday, April 12, 2009

A Chicken Coop!

Today a wonderful man named Gary donated his hand-built chicken coop to our school! He had about 40 responses to his craigslist ad, and chose us! Thanks, Gary! My family went to Kyle to pick up the coop with Jesse's trailer.


One thing that has always appealed to me about Austin is that life and people here are often not predictable. I took great joy in riding in our van with the kids as my husband pulled a chicken coop through town yesterday--just doing my part to help keep the view in Austin weird.













Having your child play chase with goats, sheep, and a minature horse is a great activity before nap time . . .














Our goat Tonka liked the view from the trailer. . .















We picked up some laying hens from Callahan's on the way home. We can't wait to have eggs! We also picked up six chicks for the kids--we've been told they should be laying in about five months. Patience is a virtue . . .
~Leslie