Monday, December 28, 2009

Sprout Organic Baby Food



Emma Grace didn't spend much time in the baby food arena--she wanted big girl food and fast. For the time that Emma Grace did eat baby food, I tried a new product that wasn't available when her big brother was at this stage--Sprout.

Many of you may know of Tyler Florence. He's one of my all-time favorite chefs! He is the creator behind the Sprout organic baby food line. What is so special about Sprout? All the fruits and vegetables are roasted to bring out the natural sugars and flavor of the foods. You can tell the difference! They have unique flavor combinations that babies will love! I will admit that I would buy my favorite varities and if Emma G. wouldn't eat them, I would! They are that tasty!

There aren't a lot of options when it comes to high-quality organic baby foods. As a working mom, I didn't have time to buy organic fruits and veggies and prepare them for my little one. My mom did take the time to make Emma G. some homemade goodies, but alas, it's very time consuming even for grandma! Each food comes packaged in a convenient ziptop package that makes it easy to throw in a diaper bag or backpack and go! The price is right, too. The pouches are $0.99 cents at most retailers and I often found them on sale at a two for one price.

I was so excited about the quality, price and flavor of the Sprout foods that I sent an email to their customer service telling them so. Much to my surprise and delight, we received several pouches of Sprout food for Emma Grace. Some were new flavors that had just been introduced to retail. I sent correspondence thanking them for the samples and received the following response back. Needless to say, it made my heart happy! Tyler Florence saw a picture of my little carrot top. Very cool.


From: "Janie Mote"
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 20:09:03 -0500
To: jillian@sproutfoods.com
Subject: Thank you!
Jillian,
We received the complimentary foods from you yesterday. Thank you—what a nice treat! My daughter, Emma Grace, enjoyed the oatmeal with roasted apples and cinnamon last evening. She usually doesn’t like carrots but ate the entire pouch of Sprout carrots this evening! I thought I would attach a picture of her enjoying her free samples. Again, thank you and we look forward to trying more of the Sprout Food line as it becomes available.
Big fans of Tyler and Sprout Foods-Janie & Emma Grace Mote


From: jillian@sproutfoods.com [mailto:jillian@sproutfoods.com]
Sent: Friday, July 24, 2009 8:22 PM
To: Janie Mote
Subject: Re: Thank you!

Cool! And guess what, I am having dinner with Tyler right now and his son Miles. Showed him the picture too. Thank you so much for taking the time to send us the photo. So glad you and Emma Grace are enjoying Sprout.
Very truly yours,
Jillian

My favorite picks are:
Roasted Bananas & Mango
Roasted Pears & Apricots
Sweet Baby Carrots, Apple & Mango
Baked Sweet Potatoes & White Beans
Summer Squash, Yukon Gold Potatoes & Parmesan
Roasted Apples & Blueberries
Oatmeal with Roasted Cinnamon Applesauce